Terms and Conditions
The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all members of the party adhere to the Conditions of Let set out below.
In these Conditions of Let, “Owner” refers to the owner of the property you are booking, “Property” refers to the lodge or cottage you are booking.
- The number of people occupying any one Property is limited to that stated in the brochure or website, unless by prior consent with the Owner.
- You must pay a £100 deposit on booking, or £50 for a booking of less than a week, with the remainder of the balance payable four (4) weeks before the start of the Let. If a booking is made less than 4 weeks before the start of the holiday please send the full rental charges at the time of booking, having first checked that the Property of your choice can be reserved for you. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges, or failure to allow the Owner to take the balance by credit card by the due date (28 days prior to arrival), will result in the Owner treating the Property as available for re-booking. No reminders are sent out.
- Please notify the Owner of any cancellation in writing. If a notice of cancellation is received between the dates of your deposit being received and the final payment being due then the deposit will be retained. If cancellation is made within four weeks of the holiday start (i.e. the whole rent has been paid) then the whole amount paid may be retained unless the Property can be re-let. If a re-let is successful then a full refund will be made (minus a £20 fee). If the Property cannot be re-let then no refund will be given.
To safeguard against cancellation charges & other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend Cancellation Insurance.
- Should the Property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, you must accept that the Owner’s liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
- One dog will be allowed in the lodges that are pet friendly. No Smoking is permitted inside the lodges or cottage.
- You accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Guests agree to absolve the Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any causes whatsoever.
- You agree to use the Property solely for its intended purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the Owner’s right to refuse to hand over the Property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or other guests, unreasonable behaviour may result in the Owner requesting you to leave.
- You agree to allow the Owners or agents access to the Property at all reasonable times. We will only ever request access to your property in case of an emergency, e.g. a water leak.
- You must respect and look after your accommodation during your stay and we request that you leave the Property in a clean and tidy condition. Please let us know of any damage or breakages so we can repair or replace them for the next guests. We reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages.
- You must vacate the Property by 10am at the latest on your day of departure unless special arrangements have been made with the Owner. This is to allow us to prepare the Property for the next guests.
- Guest arrival time is from 3.30pm onwards.
WI-FI TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
INTERNET USAGE AND WI-FI TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read through our terms and conditions regarding internet usage when staying at Timber Hill.
1. Extent of the Service
1.1 We do not recommend in particular the use of any websites (or other internet related services) (“Internet Services”) and your use of Internet Services is carried out entirely at your own risk.
1.2 We have no responsibility for, or control over, the Internet Services you access and do not guarantee that any services are error or virus free.
1.3 We have no responsibility for, or control over, the information you transmit or receive via the Service.
1.4 Save for the purposes of network diagnostics we do not examine the use to which you put the Service or the nature of the information you send or receive
1.5 We do not guarantee:
1.5.1 the availability of the Service; 1.5.2 the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the Service; or 1.5.3 that the Service will be compatible with your equipment or any software which you use.
1.6 Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure the security of the Service and to prevent unlawful access to information transmitted or received using the Service, we do not guarantee the security of the information which you may transmit or receive using the Service or located on any equipment utilising the Service and you accept that it is your responsibility to protect your information and have adequate security (in terms of equipment and procedures) to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information and data.
1.7 We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the Service, change the specifications or manner of use of the Service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
2. Your Use of the Service
2.1 You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which: 2.1.1 are defamatory, threatening, intimidatory or which could be classed as harassment; 2.1.2 contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material; 2.1.3 contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature); 2.1.4 contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation; 2.1.5 contain material which infringe third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights); 2.1.6 in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our business; or 2.1.7 are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
2.2 Music, video, pictures, text and other content on the internet are copyright works and you should not download, alter, e-mail or otherwise use such content unless certain that the owner of such works has authorised its use by you.
2.3 We may terminate or temporarily suspend the Service if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of any provisions of this agreement including but not limited to clauses 2.1 to 2.3 above.
Facebook Giveaway - Starting 19.11.16
- Prize is 3 nights free accommodation for up to 6 people in one lodge during the period of the 25th November 2016 to the 25th of March 2017. Excluding the period, 17th December 2016 to January 7th 2017.
- If the prize is not taken during the above eligible period, it is no longer valid.
- Nights must be consecutive.
- If the winner is under 18, they must be accompanied by at least one person over the age of 21.
- The price can not be redeemed for any cash value.
- The prize winner must give us at least 48 hours notice before their desired arrival.
- All free accommodation, is subject to availability and we reserve the right to refuse specific dates during the allowed period due to lack of availability.
- The prize winner is still subject to all of our existing customer terms and conditions.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or associated with Facebook.